Some restoration projects require that your contents and furnishings
be inventoried, packed and safely transported to our climate
controlled warehouse for cleaning, restoration, deodorization,
re-packing, and storage until the structural restoration is complete.
Be assured that ServiceMaster Clean Restoration Technicians are
fully trained and will treat your possessions with the utmost care.
Your role in the packout process:
1. Sign an authorization form.
2. Identify your immediate need items such as emergency clothing,
etc. Some of these may need to be cleaned quickly for your use.
3. Identify items to keep in your possession (Personal valuables,
medications, jewelry, etc.).
4. Assist with “restore versus replace” decisions, especially
regarding family heirlooms and sentimental items.
5. Be available on site for packout and for re-delivery of your
ServiceMaster Clean will:
1. Coordinate activities with your insurance claims representative.
2. Separate items that will not be packed and moved, including items that will not be restored.
3. Pack, provide general inventory and transport your belongings to a secure facility. We will
provide you a copy of the general inventory.
4. Perform restoration, cleaning, deodorization, re-packing and storage at our facility.
5. Provide regular, frequent communication regarding the progress of your restoration claim.
6. Arrange for re-delivery of your household belongings once restoration and reconstruction is
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is meant by “general” inventory?
As we pack your contents, each box will have a general description label placed on it; not
every item in the box will be listed.
2. Will any cleaning be done to my belongings before packing and moving them?
Some items may need to be pre-treated before packing to remove moisture or corrosive
smoke residues. Generally, most items will be processed at our warehouse/restoration center.
3. What about items that cannot be restored?
These will be separated during the packing/inventory process and left on site. Please discuss
these items with your insurance claim representative.
4. Will I have access to my belongings while they are in storage?
Yes, with advance notice we can schedule a time for a ServiceMaster Clean Restoration
Technician to meet with you and provide access to your requested items. A service charge may